Saturday, September 25, 2010

Starry, Starry Night...

In my previous post, I mentioned I got my second package and I could barely keep myself from writing about it. Well, three days passed and I think it’s a good time now!

I know I write a lot about Paris and this time is no exception, so please bear with me. :) Maybe you remember that I wrote about visiting the Angelic Pretty story, where they had my absolute Dream Dress: the Starry Night Theatre One Piece in pink.
When I started Lolita, this particular dress caught my eye. In the meantime, I’ve seen a lot of dresses, but I could never forget the Starry Night Theatre. So when I had it in my hands in Paris, for a moment I thought my dream would come true.
Unfortunetaly, my dream fell into pieces when it turned out it didn’t fit me. I wisely decided not to buy the dress. Yet, I did buy the head bow, promising myself that very moment, that one day I’d buy my Dream Dress, but in JSK version.

Ok, enough with the flashbacks. Two months or so have passed. In the meantime, I got addicted to egl_comm_sales. I just love to check what people are selling!
One day, my eye caught a post that said Starry Night Theatre and I automatically clicked it. Then, pictures of a pink JSK, covered in cute little thingies appeared. The girl in question sold her SNT in pink for a (in my opninion) very reasonable price!
My eyes widened for a moment, but I immediately came back to my senses: I couldn’t afford it anyway. I walked downstairs and showed my mother the post, more or less to get it off me.
‘Why don’t you ask it for your birthday then?’ my mom asked. At first I thought she meant it as a joke, but then I realised she was serious! I immediately ran upstairs to email the girl and as kif it was still free.
After a while I go tan email back: there had been a person before me, who also wanted to buy the dress. The seller had put it on a hold for a week for the girl, but promised me to keep me updated on the situation.
Two days or so I had a nervous feeling in my stomach and I couldn’t really sleep, but then I realised I wouldn’t buy it. There would be another opportunity some other time. I hoped.
Then, that Friday, I got a new email: the buyer got a new chance. If she hadn’t paid before Tuesday, I would be the next person to buy it. Again, tow days of nervousness and sleepingproblems.
Mondayevening, I received this email:
Hello!
You'll be happy to hear that the last buyer was unable to make it in time, so the JSK has been passed on to you! =)
If you would be so kind as to tell me your paypal address, I'll send an invoice over right away.
Congrats~

I died of happiness!
I ran downstairs and jumped, danced and ran around (my parents gave me quite a strange look at first XD). Then the next part came: convincing my father. I hadn’t spoken about the situation to him, because I didn’t expect I would be able to buy it. Eventually, my father said yes!
Two weeks later, I received a wellpacked package.

May I present to you my absolute Dream Dress, the Starry Night Theatre JSK!
Isn’t it gorgeous? I can’t tell you how happy I am to own it! I love everything about it, from the lace to the buttons and from the details of the print to the golden edges. It’s just magical! It even has a built-in petticoat, so awesome!
I have to be honest though: it doesn’t fit me right yet. But now I have even more motivation to be a good girl with my diet! I can’t wait for the day I will fit into it perfectly!
I could talk for hours about this dress, but I won’t. Instead, here are some more pictures! ^^
Built-in petticoat!
I adore the lace...
The front with the cute hat and card pins.
Don’t you just love the buttons?
Details of the print. Isn’t the
girl wearing Carnival Applique?

Now, I’ll stop writing about this dress and start staring at it again…

7 comments:

  1. I loooove SNT. *-* I'm just dying for it in blue.

    Congrats on your dream dress.

    And the detail, I believe she's wearing Marionette Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blue too!
    Thank you so much! ^^

    Yes, you're right! I looked it up and you're absolutely right. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! You're so lucky to have gotten your dream dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I know I am a very lucky girl! I still can't believe it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats on this purchase! This is such a cool print, I know everyone wants it in blue, but I just love it in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I am so happy to own it! ^^ Blue is wonderful, but I just love pink so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty prints :3 I'm gonna follow your blog!^^

    ReplyDelete