Saturday, September 18, 2010

Why I Hate The Postal Service

I want to start this entry with thanking the people that commented on my previous entry. Thank you so much! You have no idea how happy you made me! I really started crying from happiness that total strangers felt with me, thank you!

The past few days, or better: weeks, have been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. Mostly sad ones, unfortunetaly, but luckily there was a little bright side too. Three ones actually, for I have ordered three packages: two from France and one from Canada (!!!). I won’t say what they contain, I don’t want to spoil the surprise. But let’s just say I am really looking forward to them!
I have no idea when or in what order they will arrive, so I was really surprised when I found a letter in the mail yesterday, saying the postman had been there to deliver one, but we weren’t at home. Normally, he would deliver it to the neighbours so I could pick it up, but this time he didn’t. This made me quite angry, because we usually take a lot of packages from the neighbours when they’re not home, but that one time we are not at home, they don’t take it. The letter said they’d try again the next day (aka today), so I wanted to make sure I’d be home this time.

Yet unfortunetaly, I really had to go away for two hours, so I asked the neighbours that live across the street if they’d be home those hours. They said yes, so I hung a note on the door, asking the postman if he could deliver it to them. Feeling happy I left.
Of course the package would be delivered in those small two hours. I didn’t expect anything else. When I arrived home, I found a new letter, saying the postman had been there again and we weren’t at home. Yet, he didn’t deliver it to the neighbours across, because me or my parents have to sign for it!
If he just said that in the first note, I would have stayed at home! Now I have to pick it up the next working day (that’s Monday, aaargh!) after 1 pm. Yet, like any normal teenager, I’m a school then until 4:15 pm, so I have no change to go and pick it up. I was very glad that my mom offered to pick it up instead.

I can’t say it differently: I’m really pissed off! And to make things even better: this afternoon I got sick…
I should look up those tips on other blogs for sick lolitas…

2 comments:

  1. The postal system can be so frustrating sometimes, I know I've had my own fair share of troubles with them.
    I'm sorry that you're feeling ill, I have an article on my blog about that! http://hercuriouselegance.blogspot.com/2009/12/things-to-do-when-you-are-feeling.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is frustrating when the post office does not try very hard at all to deliver! :(

    ReplyDelete