Friday, November 26, 2010

What Are Your Plans For ILD?

The time has come! Next week, on Saturday December 4th, it’s International Lolita Day ’10, Winter Edition! My very first ILD has an official Lolita (or at least, that’s what I keep telling myself).

For those of you who don’t know: International Lolita Day is a holiday that takes place twice a year, on the first Saturday of June and on the first Saturday of December. On this day, Lolitas all over the world do something special, from having parties to just dressing up.
I love it that ILD takes place twice a year! Here we have so little holidays, so any extra days make me so happy!

So what are your plans for ILD? Will you dress up? Go out and have fun with friends? Go to your favourite candy shop and buy your favourite chocolate? Or just stay home and browse the brandsites? I’d love to know! So if you want to share, please do! ^^
If you’re inspirationless, Victoria Suzanne of Lolita Charm has written an article about ILD, with a lot of great ideas to enjoy the day to the fullest! ^^ You can find it here.

My plans are very simple: I would love to dress up, but since I don’t own a blouse, petticoat (yet) and shoes (yet), I can’t. It just wouldn’t feel good. So instead I want to bake something, like cupcakes, topped with whipped cream and anything sparkling! ^^ I’m afraid I have to do homework too, so that’ll fill up the rest of my day, sadly enough. I still want to enjoy it to the fullest though! ^^

Have a lovely Lolita Day! ♥

9 comments:

  1. Right now, no plans I'm afraid. I may just dress up by myself. Or spend the day sewing or something. I've got a lot of Christmas gifts to knit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going with my family to a christmas market so will be fully dressed for that! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great! What a lovely occasion! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will dress up in Lolita for school for first time, and maybe I'll go to a tea salon with my boyfriend and I'll spoil myself with that delicious, a bit expensive cheesecake! God I love that cheesecake ;___;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, how exciting! =D Are you going to school on Saturday? Oo Still, that's really cool (and courageous! ^^) Oh wow, cheesecake! I'd love some too right now... XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid that I will be stuck working, but I'll be sporting some lolita pieces in a very non-lolita wardrobe when working. Maybe afterwards I can hit the town with another friend in frills. My community usually has a hard time setting up meet ups on the exact Saturdays of Loliday, but on the 18th, we'll be visiting a local tea room and watch Tron Legacy (Garrett Hedlund! *swoons*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope meet my friends in this day, dress loli and go to the beautifull cafe)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ deleciel
    Ah, that's annoying (I have to do a lot of homework myself. A LOT)! I hope you can meet with your friend! ^^ And great plans for the 18th, have fun! =D

    @ sweet_loli
    Sounds like a great day to me. ^^

    ReplyDelete