Saturday, July 30, 2011

Paris, Day 5 – The French Kingdom of Magic and Pretty Princesses

On Friday we went to Dinseyland Resort Paris! We had pre-bought tickets at home, so they were a little cheaper than in Dineysland itself.
We woke up early, got dressed and had breakfast. We took our time and when I had finished my last e-mail on my laptop, we went on our way.
To be honest, I’d rather not talk about how we got there. It was a very horrible and terribly stressful experience and I’d like to forget about it. So let’s just start at the point where we got through the bag-checking at Disneyland Resort Paris.
The entrance! We were so happy to see it after all the stress we went through!

We already thought so, but our tickets weren’t valid yet. We first had to exchange them for real tickets. After standing in line for a while, ignoring all the hyperactive children that had to climb on every possible thing, we got our tickets and went into the park, finally!
Mainstreet, leading to Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. We were still
a bit buzzing with the stress, but we could finally let it go.

It was a beautiful day with a forget-me-nots blue sky. We walked up to the castle and took some pictures.
I love the castle so much! I want to live in it, seriously!

We went looking for the dragon’s cave and this time we found it! I heard several French children cry that they were scared. I remember from when I was little, I thought this was really scary too and now I know why: that dragon looks incredibly real (as far as I know how dragon’s should look)! We walked further and got out inside of the castle. We immediately went into the Christmasshop. This shop is literally filled with anything Christmas-related, but mainly Chistmas ornaments. I especially loved the Tinkerbell baubles and a bauble with Bambi’s Thumper coming out of a Christmasgift. We decided to see more of the park first, before buying anything and walking around with plastic bags.
I love how every tiny little detail is beautiful, even the walls and pillars are amazing!

Behind the castle, there were of course more shops and my attention was drawn by a group of colourful princessdresses. I had seen several girls walking around in Disneyprincess-dresses and I can’t tell you how jealous I was! When I was a little girl, there weren’t many dresses yet. I guess the whole Disney princess-hype wasn’t really big back then. I so wanted to be those little girls…
The dresses were so incredibly pretty! I was especially attracted to Ariel’s
wedding dresses, a white dress with sea blue details.

We went to Snowwhite and the Seven Dwarves, where the line was not too bad. A warning said that the ride might be scary for children. Well, I thought it was scary! The ride mainly consisted of dark parts with the evil witch! There was no glass coffin at all… But the animals were cute, so hey. ^^
We walked around for a bit and went into Pirates of the Caribbean, a ride I always enjoy to the fullest. I really wonder what this ride is like in other parks.
Afterwards, we walked around again, bought candy, enjoyed the surroundings and just walked wherever we liked. So we took a road that led us to the castle again.
Seriously, who doesn’t want to have a house like this? ^^

I had read on the schedule that there would be hours where you could meet Disney characters. I’m personally not very fond of characters in those big suits, but actors in disguise are always awesome! We accidentally found the place where Rapunzel would come in the afternoon, so we took pictures there.
Pascal! Isn’t he adorable? He reminds me of one of my dogs so much!

I loved Tangled (which has a different title in my language) so much! I had to get used to the huge eyes at first, but I really like the characters!
Hugging a tree with Flynn’s poster on it!

Then we went to Mad Hatter’s Mad Tea Cups, because a visit to Disneyland is not complete without them! While standing in line, a woman tapped on my shoulder and asked me where I got my Minnie Mouse-ears, since she couldn’t find them. I told her that I had bought them last year and she was quite disappointed. Throughout the rest of the day, many people asked me where I had bought my ears. (Even in Spanish! I was quite proud of myself when I answered them back in Spanish.) There was one man that had searched the entire park! But they didn’t sell them this year. Every person was so disappointed with my answer… So I sent an email to Disneyland Resort Paris, advising them to consider selling the ears again. ^^
Mad Hatter Tea Cups!

After the teacups, we went to ‘Le Pays des Contes de Fées’, a quiet boatride along moviescenes, including Aladdin, the Wizard of Oz and Peter and the Wolf.
They included a new scene: Flynn climbing up Rapunzel’s hair!

After that, we went to Casey Jr., the circustrain from Dumbo the Flying Elephant. We had to stand in line for a very long time, but I loved the ride so much that I forgot all about it! Even though it’s more of a little kid’s ride, it went pretty fast! And we sat in front! ^^
We had so much fun during the ride!

When we got out, I noticed the small group of people standing around someone. Of course you can expect it’s a Disneycharacter right away and indeed: it was Tiana from the Princess and the Frog! I really wanted to be in a picture with her and since there weren’t many people around her, we took our chance. Even though the parents almost jumped at the poor princess to take pictures with their children and ask for autographs, I managed to ask her for a picture too and it worked!
I’m in a picture with a real princess, yaaay!

We went to get some ice cream at the same place we did last year, since we knew we loved their flavours so much! While walking to the shop, I saw a line in front of a tent with a lot of girls. It turned out to be a line for Ariel in a blue dress. I doubted about going to stand in line, but it was so long I decided not to. Later, Ariel got replaced by Sleeping Beauty. We ate our ice cream and looked at the people passing by. After that, we went into It’s a small world, a ride both my mom and I love to death.
I had read on the schedule that Rapunzel would come very soon, so we went to the little platform we had been to before that afternoon, but what a change! There were now rope fences and there was a huge line with parents and children! I didn’t want to wait that long, so we just watched from the front, which gave us a great view (later I tried to get in line, but it would take about one and a half hour to get to Rapunzel)! After a while, the beautiful long-haired princess showed up and God, was she beautiful!
My mom took several pictures from kids we didn’t know, but they
were just so cute! Look at that little girl’s awesome wig!

Her dress, her face, her hair! Rapunzel was just perfect and she posed in the cutest ways! Sometimes even the dads wanted to pose with her!
We kept on watching her for at least 45 minutes, she was so adorable! Suddenly I spotted Flynn Rider himself when I tried to get in line for Rapunzel (which I gave up pretty quick), but he walked by too fast to ask him for a picture. But luckily he returned later and I still got a picture with this extremely cool (and hot) guy!
When I told him (in French) that my French was not so great,
he said: ‘It’s not that bad!’ *swoon*

We also encountered both Aladdin and Jasmine, but they walked by pretty fast so we could only take a quick picture.
We decided to look around the shops again to look around for some more things we wanted to buy, especially in the Christmasshop.
How I wished I was a little girl again! I loved the dresses so much…

Before we really started buying things, the parade started and we hoped that the line at Peter Pan would be shorter, but this was not the case. Instead, I went into Big Thunder Mountain while my mom waited for me (the noise and music were a bit too much for her at that moment).
Big Thunder Mountain in the sunlight.

Then we officially started our shopping. We bought many, many things, including four Christmasornaments, a glittery candleholder, two necklaces, keychains (of course), two stuffed animals and a photoframe.
I also bought a Sleeping Beauty’s crown. I loved it so much,
I just couldn’t leave it there!

We visited many shops and there were lots of people everywhere, many more than last year. Unfortunetaly, because I was tired, I suddenly started having a panickattack. I’ve never had one before, but I just couldn’t take it anymore. The stress from the beginning of the day and the crowds and noise throughout the day had taken their toll on me. You don’t really read about it in this post, since the memories of that day are already faded a little and I mostly remember the good stuff, but I do know that I freaked out for a moment. After breathing calmly for a while I started to feel better again and we continued to do the last of our shopping.
Some of the pretty flowers. I love every piece of detail in the park.

We ended up with a lot of plastic bags and tired feet and we decided to return to Paris. After looking back one more time at the castle, we left Disneyland Resort Paris.
Bye bye, Disneyland!

Luckily, the train seemed to have waited for us, because when we went down the escalator, it stood there ready. There were no sitting places left, but we sat down in the very last compartment on the floor.
Finally the train started driving and we called my dad to tell him we wouldn’t come online on Skype anymore and we wished him goodnight. After about half an hour, we arrived in Paris and took the metro back to our hotel.
We we’re so tired, we fell asleep immediately!

Next time: Three lit candles and a crammed bookstore!

3 comments:

  1. i went to disneyland paris when i was really young so i don't remember it all, i'd love to go again and see it properly! i do how ever remember the dragons cave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Disneyland on Monday and they sold the ears *__*
    so, I was realy lucky, wasn't I? O.o
    I wished for such ears so loing, so it would be realy bad if they weren't available o.o

    You are so lucky you visited Disneypark twice <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ HeidiFlowers:
    It's really fantastic! I hope you'll go again some day! ^^

    @LynLyn-chan: Wow, really? =D Maybe they listened to me. XD I'm so happy for you they sold them!
    ^^

    ReplyDelete